We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › using processing java version when exporting
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
using processing java version when exporting (Read 501 times)
using processing java version when exporting
Aug 20th, 2008, 2:29pm

Hi,

Sorry if i'm not posting in the right section and sorry for the long post.

Actually, i've made a simple sketch using processing-0148 and controlP5 library.

Basically, sketch simply copy some text in the clipboard when user clicked on a tab.

It runs as a processing sketch (using java version from processing folder) but not as an applet neither as an application.

My system environnement is a bit special because it's my company computer which run a networked version of windows with restricted permission. So i can't install neither a jdk neither a jre.

I've managed to figure that java 1.4.2_13 is installed on my machine. At least browsers use that.  

When exporting as an application and executing the windows shell exe, i've got the error "could not find the main class...".

I've tried to run the processing without java and when trying to execute the processing.exe i've got the same error.

I'm a bit running out of time theses days and i don't have too much time to deal deeper into java to get it works.

So does anyone know if it's possible to use the java version coming with processing when exporting a sketch as an application instead of using my system java version? Maybe with a simple bat it's possible...I have no clue actually.

Anyway, thx for the effort offering by the community.
Best regards,
O.
Re: using processing java version when exporting
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008, 10:12pm

Wow, we are already at v.0148? The cover page is lagging behind... Wink

Alas for you, versions after 0135 use Java 1.5, so they won't run with Java 1.4.
Perhaps you can try using v.0135 which is still available for download.
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2008, 10:47pm

anachronik wrote on Aug 20th, 2008, 2:29pm:
So does anyone know if it's possible to use the java version coming with processing when exporting a sketch as an application instead of using my system java version Maybe with a simple bat it's possible...I have no clue actually.

Use the version of Processing that includes java, then after exporting your application, copy its "java" folder to the same folder as your sketch.exe that's created on export. When running the sketch, it'll pick up that java folder.
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2008, 2:57pm

fry wrote on Aug 20th, 2008, 10:47pm:
Use the version of Processing that includes java, then after exporting your application, copy its "java" folder to the same folder as your sketch.exe that's created on export. When running the sketch, it'll pick up that java folder.

Thx it works like a charm.
PhiLho many thanks for the help you provide at my threads Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1