We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Custom Class/Type not found
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Custom Class/Type not found (Read 333 times)
Custom Class/Type not found
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:11pm

Hey Everyone

I've been making a little game in processing, but all of sudden it won't compile.

I have 3 files (or tabs i believe they are called) being Cycle, Cell_States and Grid. Cycle is the main file, they are all in the same directory and i made them using apple+t.

Everything has been working fine for the last couple of weeks, but today it's giving me an error

Type "Grid was not found
/tmp/build44377.tmp/Temporary_6890_3507.java:14:1:14:4: Semantic Error: Type "Grid" was not found.

Then a bunch of other classes from Cell_States can't be found either.

I don't remember doing anything from yesterday (when it was compiling), Does anyone have any ideas?

I tried googling it, but the word 'processing' is a tricky one to search for Smiley

Any help would be fantastic.
Re: Custom Class/Type not found
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2008, 7:35am

So its was a simple problem. In the second tab I had a '1' character. Must of accidentally pressed the keyboard when I saved.

What is weird is that it didn't give me a compile error but a class not found error
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1