We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › broadcaster library documentation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
broadcaster library documentation (Read 379 times)
broadcaster library documentation
Aug 16th, 2008, 3:20am

Does anyone have any sample code or javadocs etc for the broadcaster library?

Alternatively are there any other Processing or even Java libraries that I could use for similar purposes?

My situation is that I have a lot of objects that have to communicate with all the other objects, and frequently they create instances of other objects, and I want those new instances to live a short while, do their thing then die etc.

Ideally what I would like is:
- when I create an instance of a class, I don't want to have to keep track of all instances in an arraylist and run though the arraylist every frame to call the Class::draw(). I want to just create the object, addlistener to draw() and they all get updated automatically (and the Garbage Collector doesn't get rid of the object as its referenced by the broadcaster!)

- If one of the objects does something, I want to be able to broadcast an event and all other objects (of various different types) respond accordingly.

I've just started writing a framework to handle all this, but if there is already a library it would save me some time!
Re: broadcaster library documentation
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2008, 12:21pm

at least he should present some source code, otherwise I have no clue why this library is even mentioned in the links ..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1