We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › PDF export and text trouble
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
PDF export and text trouble (Read 563 times)
PDF export and text trouble
Aug 6th, 2008, 6:49am

Hello,
I am running into a little bit of trouble getting fonts to render with the PDF library.

I'm running a MacBook Intel, Processing 0135 with the PDF library. I was using Helvetica Neue, Helvetica and Palatino, alternately, trying different names that correspond with the system's font to see if I was getting the font names wrong for render.

It's consistent. In preview, all fonts in the PDF render as different sized blocks with drop shadows (still resembling the same general patterns of text in the right position, but not edit-able). In Illustrator, all fonts in the PDF render as jagged triangles. It seems to be trying to render the bitmap screen files as objects, but failing or corrupting.

Does anyone have a syntax-related answer or a work-around?

thanks in advance.

Colin
--->

Re: PDF export and text trouble
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2008, 6:10pm

Try: hint(ENABLE_NATIVE_FONTS);
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2008, 11:45pm

Hot dog. That works like a charm. Thanks!
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2008, 2:22am

When using the PDF library, I also recommend using createFont() (which will do the hint() thing without you having to include it), and also using a newer release than 0135, since I fixed some font trouble on Mac OS X in more recent releases.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1