We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › is there a new (short) limit on post length now
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
is there a new (short) limit on post length now ? (Read 1951 times)
is there a new (short) limit on post length now ?
Aug 2nd, 2008, 6:56pm

I cant seem to post posts longer than a few paragraphs. Is there a new limit on? E.g. the following post crops quite early on

Painter also seems to work (i can fade between a picture of fields/flowers with colorful abstract stuff), but a lot slower, and with the following error

Fragment shader compilation:
WARNING: 0:34: extension 'GL_ARB_draw_buffers' is not supported
ERROR: 0:70: 'max' : no matching overloaded function found
ERROR: 0:70: 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'const float' to 'int'
Re: is there a new (short) limit on post length no
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:05pm

no, as far as i know there were no changes made to the forum. casey, ben?
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2008, 5:03am

no, there's no new limit. there is a limit (see my posts for new releases that are often broken into parts), but it's not changed.
Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2008, 10:43am

Note 1: For long code, I recommend the use of pastebin.com (with Java highlighting), it keeps the formatting and allow easy copy.

Note 2: Perhaps your post has some character sequence the forum doesn't like? (wild guess!)
Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2008, 11:47am

OK thanks, it must be a bad char sequence as you say. For code I usually use [ code ]tags and it looks good, in the example above I started with a code tag, but the post was chopped before it reached the closing tag, so nothing was formatted... anyway, must be a char sequence like you say (i was copy/pasting from the output window of the processing PDE, prob need to copy/paste to a text editor first....)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1