We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Looping smoothly in Minim (with effects)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Looping smoothly in Minim (with effects) (Read 415 times)
Looping smoothly in Minim (with effects)
Jul 25th, 2008, 3:39pm

Hello all

I'm just experimenting for the first time with Minim (I have an Ableton / Java background but am only now combining the two...!)

Question: in minim, I want to

a) loop a sample smoothly
b) stick it through a low pass filter

Problem: I have three choices, afaik:

1. Use an AudioPlayer: problem - looping has a crackly gap between loops. Bleurgh.

2. Use an AudioSnippet (loads to ram and loops *perfectly*): problem - doesn't implement effectable, so I can't stick it in a low pass filter. Doh.

3. AudioSample, I think, only triggers - that's its only method - so no good for this.

So: anyone got any suggestions for having smooth looping AND effects at the same time? Is there some way a snippet can be wrapped in an AudioPlayer? I can't see it...

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Dan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1