We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Can not create class
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Can not create class (Read 766 times)
Can not create class
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:37am

Hi had to reinstalled processing but now i cannot create any classes anymore.
Code:

void setup() {
 }

public class Balken {

}  

just gives me
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Temporary_8183_5467
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:6942)

does anyone know what to do. maybe a option that normaly is set automaticly that doesnt work at the moment( winxp)?
thanks
----
i works good with the normal version but not with the expert version. do i have to set something in the preferences.txt to make it wotk with the jre1.6.0_07 or jdk1.6.0_07
Re: Can not create class
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2008, 5:18pm

Another Problem is that i cannot export any jars from eclipse anymore because i use the jre1.6.0_07

i get an error:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: lexical/Scanner (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
     at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2008, 6:49pm

Expert version? There isn't one since 0135, latest version is 0142 and uses Java 1.5.
Perhaps you should upgrade.
I haven't tried latest versions with Java 1.6, though, but haven't found problems running 0135 with 1.6 (but I didn't tried export nor Eclipse).
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2008, 10:41pm

I would try running from within Eclipse with different class file compatibility settings.  See if using 1.5 helps things - if you're running this through an ANT task, I wonder if that task is trying to use a 1.5 JVM (the cryptic '50.0' message means that you're trying to load a 1.6 class with a lower JVM, so at some point a lower version is being relied upon).  As long as you're not using any version specific features, switching Eclipse to export 1.4 or 1.5 class files might help; otherwise, it's possible that the ANT task could be modified, I'm not sure.  If you're going through the P5 preprocessor, that's certainly not set up to deal with 1.6 yet.
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2008, 12:47pm

im going to freak out about this. i tried to export with version 1.5.0_15 and used Processing 0142 but got

C:\...\Temp\build46656.tmp\Temporary_2197_2342.java:6: cannot access PureAppletExport.Agent
bad class file: C:\...\Processing\pureApplet\code\ap.jar(PureAppletExport/Agent.class)
class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
Agent[] agents;

Its important that i get an PApplet running from a jar (to import it into a open office presentation)
so i wanted to write my complicate code in eclipse and export it to use it in processing(to export the fixed stuff there)
as an alternate way i could export a final jar from eclipse( where i have my class that extends from PApplet and is running ok) but i don't know how to export it as an applet cause there is no main and if i want to launch it as Java app with a constructur of the applet in it, it shows nothing and ends after a few seconds.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1