We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › proMIDI 2: Syncing, and dropped messages
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proMIDI 2: Syncing, and dropped messages? (Read 433 times)
proMIDI 2: Syncing, and dropped messages?
Jul 1st, 2008, 7:20am

Hi all -- I am new to both Processing and MIDI, so apologies in advance if my question is a little obvious.

I have a MIDI sequencer connected to a MOTU FastLane USB connected to a MacBook Pro running Vista under Boot Camp. I'm running Processing 0135 and proMIDI 2.0. I only have MIDI OUT connected from the device to the MOTU, not the other way around.

I'm able to run the "promidi" sample that comes in the proMIDI download just fine. Pretty circles. :) I have been inserting println() calls in the handler functions to better understand the data coming in.

One thing I'm seeing is that if many notes come from the device quickly (just by running my finger across the device), noteOn just stops being called until I restart the program. Is there some sort of rate limit on proMIDI? If I run MIDI-OX, I see all the messages just fine.

My other question is about how to sync with the device. Can I get a "tick" that matches each beat on the sequencer?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1