We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › integrate php lingo in processing.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
integrate php lingo in processing. (Read 933 times)
integrate php lingo in processing.
Jun 26th, 2008, 11:41am

Hello I would like to know if it's possible to use a script php or lingo inside processing.

I would like to use a random functions php  for search and display pictures with processing animation.
Have you got an idea to make step by step in processing?
Re: integrate php lingo in processing.
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2008, 9:02pm

I don't get what you want to do, I fear... Sad
Why do you want to use PHP? Java should be self-sufficient in most cases.
Unless you want to fetch data to a distant server using a PHP script running there?
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2008, 12:16am

My purpose will be to use php functions inside processing because in my website I use a crop and random  functions in php and I would like to use it another time in processing.
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2008, 12:37am

You can't use php functions directly in processing. However processing has equivalent functions and it should be possible to write the equivalent code in processing.
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2008, 11:26am

Even if you could execute PHP code in Processing, that would be tremendously inefficient!
As said, recoding the functions would be the good thing to do.
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2008, 11:52am

In lingo i know it's possible but I realized applet director is not maintened actually and don't work on macintosh and I would like to port on processing existing scropt on lingo maked with php syntax.
But I tried to port all fonctions on processing but actually implementation and language's interoperability is very difficult for me to make a good choice. But I'm interested to make picture's animation from my website like this :

How to create a checkerboard?
I would like to make a checkerboard of columns 6 and 4 lines to display images
Each case is listed by 120pixels but this is defined in a stylesheet css.
The idea is that this is random checkerboard display images from different pages or categories. A click on  picture and therefore a case can find the article, page or category containing this picture.
As each image is often greater than 120 pixels wide should be foremost in the hand proportions. You can send me response for further details and if you want to see my beginning scripting!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1