We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Solar Collector
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Solar Collector (Read 775 times)
Solar Collector
Jun 24th, 2008, 5:05am

Hi everyone (Ben, Casey, been a long time!)

I wanted to let you all know about the launch of Solar Collector (www.solarcollector.ca), our latest interactive artwork.  It uses Processing to enable people to interact online with the physical sculpture, by submitting patterns which will play on the piece each night.

Solar Collector consists of 12 Aluminium shafts at varying angles, each fitted with solar panels to capture the sun's energy during the day and release it at night via led lamps.  The piece also collects the creative energy of the community during the day via the website at www.solarcollector.ca (and a processing applet thereupon).  By creating sinewave-based patterns in the lights, the community creates the nightly light show.  Much more on the site.

Check it out and go make some patterns -- this was the first P3D work I've done, and it's not quite finished yet (I will be adding navigation buttons so you can view the sculpture from various angles).

I am also getting reports of redrawing bugs on the Mac with firefox 2.0...  I will post this and ask for help over in the proper forum.  Any insight will be much appreciated.

Cheers...
<M>
Re: Solar Collector
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008, 7:32am

Congratulations Matt! That's a very ambitious work. Looks great in documentation.
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008, 8:50pm

very interesting project; and the result looks cool!
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2008, 9:14pm

Interesting project. I already submitted a pattern, hope you're getting lots of them from other people.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1