We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minim save BUG (Read 307 times)
Minim save BUG
Jun 23rd, 2008, 9:01pm

Hello everyone,
 I have been testing ways to analyze audio data by breaking up the audio input into small files, analyzing them, and then rewriting over the same files.  I've been receiving the OutOfMemory error and have noticed that the save() function is acting very strangely.  If I end a non-buffered recording with recorder.endRecord() and then save it with recorder.save(), memory usage is increased once.  Then, if I call recorder.save() immediately after without starting a different recorder and saving it to the same file, memory usage is increased another time!  (The file remains the same) This is very inconvenient!  It is preventing me from running my programs for more than a few minutes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
  Joseph Lane
  MIT Media Lab
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1