We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › processing exhibition space - some questions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
processing exhibition space - some questions (Read 689 times)
processing exhibition space - some questions
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:12pm

dear all,

hope i'm not too much off topic here. i'm working on a paper on processing, trying to connecting it to an overall cgi history, and social software. since i'm doing a case study on some projects in the exhibition space, i have a few questions that i hope you might be of assistance with;

- are contributions moderated in any way?
- i noticed a decline in 2007 contributions (161 projects as opposed to +/- 290 in 2006 and 2005), is there any indication (software development, new version, ...) as to why this may be?
- are there statistics available on the contributions in the exhibition space, such as number of projects by one member, number of projects per year, types of projects done with processing (in general, even) ..

thanks so much for the trouble!

all best,
shirley
Re: processing exhibition space - some questions
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2008, 4:51pm

The "Network Links" section of the exhibition is open to the public to post Processing works. It's only curated in that I remove posts not related to Processing (when I see them). We don't analyze the numbers, but all of the data is there on the pages. There is no metadata stored.

Casey
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1