We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › RESOLVED::PDE no text in console
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
RESOLVED::PDE no text in console (Read 311 times)
RESOLVED::PDE no text in console
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:13pm

I found the problem to the subject line issue. When comparing the the preferences.txt file from 0135 to 0139, I see that 0139 is missing the line console=true. If you find that no text is showing up in the console add console=true to preferences.txt.

All,

I am following the text on page 52 of Visualizing Data where it uses the println function, however I do not see text in the console when run. What am I doing wrong? How do I show text in the console? Please advise.

I am using processing-0139

Re: PDE no text in console
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008, 10:19pm

text should be appearing in at the bottom of the processing editor window, is it not there? what platform are you on? have you tried release 0135? (it's currently the more stable release)
Re: PDE no text in console
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2008, 10:23pm

I am running WinXP Prof SP2. I don't see any text in the console. Is there a test set of code I can use? I will try 0135. Is this the first time you heard this issue with 0139? What information is needed for debug?
Re: RESOLVED::PDE no text in console
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2008, 12:25am

k, so that'll be a problem for people using 0139 and haven't used any other version. i was removing the console preference (shouldn't really be able to turn it off anyway) but hadn't finished before making the release. i've just added it back in for 0140. thanks for the report...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1