We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › College Project, DJmixer, programming help req
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
College Project, DJmixer, programming help req (Read 228 times)
College Project, DJmixer, programming help req
Jun 9th, 2008, 4:51pm

Hello and first of all thanks for checking this topic.

At the moment me and a few collegemates formed a team to finish a project by the end of this schoolyear.

We decided to make a DJmixtable that can be controlled by tapping your foot on certain platforms.

Anyway, the idea is that after a person taps with his/her foot on certain platform it will correspond with the hidden PC and as a feedback it will give certain sound, ( drums, bass etc )

So to make this short :

User hits a platform with their feet, a signal will be given  
to the computer and it will send back a sound to the user.

In totall there are 6 platforms that are all connected to the pc so in the end we will need 6 channels.

We allrdy came up with the following few codes :

Opbouw Processingschema voor Project

Code:
Draw {
check.Switch
do.Play
}

Void do.Play {
FOR x 0 to 16 {
If CRASH [x] = 1
Play CRASH
If DRUMBASS [x] = 1
Play DRUMBASS
}
}

---------------------------------------------

And to simply play soundfiles :

public void setup()

{

size(500,500);

background(0);

Ess.start(this);

frameRate(30);

myChannel = new AudioChannel("C:/workspaceProcessing/SoundVisualiserTest/bin/test.mp3") ;

bufferSize=myChannel.buffer.length;

bufferDuration=myChannel.ms(bufferSize);

myFFT=new FFT(512);

-------------------------------------------

But we don''t have a clue on how to "connect" these codes with eachother.

If anyone could perhaps post the code in here that is simply doing : Signal retreive - signal(soundfile) send to output or something like that that would be appreciated alot.

I hope its clear to you, if not i can provide pictures later on.

Regards Robert

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1