We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › video using particles / processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
video using particles / processing (Read 651 times)
video using particles / processing
Jun 4th, 2008, 12:49pm

Hello comunity!
First post - first project Smiley
I'm a film maker from germany, using "real" film tools as well as animation and machinima. I found out about processing just a few weeks ago and it was hard to believe that all the projects I leraned about had been created with this tool. So I emidiatly decided to try it out! I post the video of the result, it's all done with processing - except the fades, those are done with an editing program. I used chunks of code from at least 10 projects I found very interesting, related to partricle systems / dynamic movement and such. I'll make my code available as well, but it needs cleanup - it's a mess currently, because many changes in the visuals are hard coded within "if" elements, changing parameters when a certain frame number is reached. So the music-synch is no automatic process. First I did the music with the film roughly in mind and then wrote down marker frame numbers for the changes. I decided on the "weight" of the change, if more particles would be emited or other things happen Smiley I coded that into a matrix so the result was repeatable.

So, long story short - here's the link to the video, it's made for a contest over at qoob.tv - leave a coment if you like Smiley but don't be too hard in your judging - it's my first processing project.

http://en.qoob.tv/video/clip_view.asp?id=10840

Cheers
wildcuts
Re: video using particles / processing
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008, 1:19am

Really impressed by your first project.. It's so much better than what I first started out.. It seems you've really grasped the concept of Processing..
I think you'll have lots of fun with this excellent tool!

Good luck, and happy Processing Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1