We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › off center projection, head tracking
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
off center projection, head tracking (Read 700 times)
off center projection, head tracking
May 18th, 2008, 4:03am

Hello All,

I am attempting to create a head tracking program.  Things are working well accept for one behavior that I can't seem to fix.  Here is the problem.  With two objects drawn at different depths a change in perspective creates the correct parallax.  If you move to the right you can see more of the object behind the foreground object.

However, the screen its self does not appear correct in relation to the objects.  That is, if you move your head to the right, you do not see more information to the left.  It doesn't create the "window" effect that you can find in other projects of this type on youTube.

Jonny Chungs code calls for an off-center projections.  I initially thought I could get away without doing this.  I don't think I can and I'm beginning to see why.  Is there a way to do an off-center projection in Processing?

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks,

Jesse
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1