We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Downloading source code from SVN (Read 3640 times)
Downloading source code from SVN
May 17th, 2008, 2:51am

I am running TortoiseSVN under Vista Home Pro.

I tried getting the source code at location
svn://processing.org/trunk/processing

I keep getting "Connection closed unexpectedly" error.

I know my client is properly installed because I use SVN for my development and I have no problem accessing either my corporate svn server, or my private account at codespaces.com.

Anyone has any ideas? Am I missing something??
Re: Downloading source code from SVN
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2008, 3:35am

Ok, I tried running it from command prompt client and got exactly the same error.

I also tried running it off Cygwin with the same command
"svn co svn://processing.org/trunk/processing"
and got same error:
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

There seemed to be only one person that reported a problem like this on the Processing.org discourse section, and he was using Mac OSX. His solution cannot be applied to my problem however.

Whats scary is that his posts went unanswered. Is there any help to be read on this? Is there even anyone that could help?

I guess we'll wait and see...
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2008, 5:20am

I am getting the same error. I also think the problem isn't on my end, since I can do http checkouts from googlecode. (Could be that my ISP has blocked the svn port, but not likely -- I don't have any way to test this).

Perhaps svn is down?
Reply #3 - May 17th, 2008, 2:37pm

I can connect to svn co svn+ssh://processing.org/trunk/processing. I get a password prompt.

Of course, I don't have a password:(

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2008, 5:52pm

server was just overbooked on svn connections (several dozen dead or hanging connections tying up resources). should be working again now.
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2008, 7:48pm

It's working now, thanks.
Reply #6 - May 17th, 2008, 8:48pm

sweet
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2008, 11:27am

I get password prompt too. I'm on mac and trying from terminal. Is there a way to check it out with subclipse too?

Thanks, chr
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1