We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Really newbie question
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Really newbie question (Read 338 times)
Really newbie question
May 16th, 2008, 9:48pm

Hi, I have a really newbie question. I do video and I'm starting to get more into video art and I see that for my ideas that I can use processing to help me. Aside from programming java (which I have never done) there is one thing I don't understand. How do I apply what's been programed to other applications, for example if I set up an installation with a web cam and I want to project images, do I just play everything from the processing program? My main question is after the programming, where do you apply the programming?

thanks.
Re: Really newbie question
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008, 11:45pm

Well you can pretty much do whatever you want with it, you just have to tell processing what your inputs and outputs are and how you would link it with other software or harware.  If you're using it to process video you would grab input from your webcam using a camera library of some sort(or you could write your own), process it though processing and spit it back out through the processing sketch you created.  Everything would be done within processing(or you could export to something else)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1