We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OpenGl+ellipse (Read 957 times)
OpenGl+ellipse
May 7th, 2008, 4:55pm

Hi,

I've read that ellipse won't smooth in opengl but the posts were quite old. So, I was wondering is there still problems with this as I am unable to get smooth looking ellipses. I though it could be my crappy built in macbook graphics card as I have seen videos on vimeo and they look fine? or is it because they are using gl to draw the ellipse, not sure as I am not that familiar with opengl.
Re: OpenGl+ellipse
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2008, 10:18pm

Did you try hint(ENABLE_OPENGL_4X_SMOOTH)?

Make sure your video card is setup to accept commands or processing might crash. Mipmapping can also help, but that's a whole different story.
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2008, 11:29am

I've tried using hint and it doesn't help.
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2008, 6:07pm

You have a macbook?  Best case scenario you have the intel 950 GMA integrated chipset. It doesn't support multi-sampling so you don't have any Anti-aliasing capabilities. The hints should not work for you.

--ness
Reply #4 - May 11th, 2008, 7:08am

Give your ellipses a stroke.

Problem solved Smiley
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2008, 12:48pm

Thanks for the help but giving the ellipses a stroke doesn't fix the aliasing problem. It's weird because it only happens on ellipses - other shapes are fine?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1