We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Video Workage (Read 652 times)
Video Workage
May 7th, 2008, 12:37pm

Greetings.
I'm on my intern, and I advices my coordinators to use Processing for the project we are developing. However the project is very much based on Videos. However I am very much unexperienced with video in general, specially with processing.
I've been watching some posts, and some examples. However I still have some questions about the use of video with processing.

1st: I some times have a flower framerate that what would be expected for the video. Its not a problem with my computer (at least I don't thing it is, the machine is not that bad), and I even use OpenGL render (if that makes any difference) to help me. What I get is some very inconstant  framerate, with a simple sketch that shows the video.

2 nd: The sound has problems. I start the video and the sound starts with it, however after a second or so, the sound simply stops never to come back. I have no idea why such a problem happens. Also, I would like to know if I can control the volume of an individual by any means.

3 rd: Finally I would like to know if and how can I show more than one video at the same time. In fact, I would like to know till what point Processing would have a problem in showing about 5 or 6 videos on a 3D environment (well, this last part I'm only looking for an opinion).

I would really enjoy work with processing on this project, specially because these people had no idea such a thing would even exist (and I'm making my intern at a college, on the informatics department). Since this language helped me so much, I can only make a retribution by spreading its use the most I can.

Thank you all, and stay cool.
Re: Video Workage
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2008, 9:50pm

i'm also working for the first time with processing , on movies and i have the same problem on the number of video does processing can display . Now i have another type of errors . I have written a programm that runs well on my computer . but since my computer does'nt run well i am my friend's computer but processing does'nt open the video and give this error : java.lang.Noclassdeffounderror: quicktime/ std/stdqtexception Temporary_2655_1963
I can send the programm and see if it runs on your computer . It is a programm that individuate objects that move in a movie . the movie is a in the foldr data .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1