We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Processing w/ OpenGl + Eclipse (New)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing w/ OpenGl + Eclipse (New) (Read 1584 times)
Processing w/ OpenGl + Eclipse (New)
May 7th, 2008, 12:55am

Hello,

I'm trying to get Processing with OpenGl working with eclipse. I've got processing working fine in Eclipse, and OpenGl works in the processing Environment, but so far I haven't been able to get them working together on Windows XP.

I've seen previous messages which suggest adding the OpenGl Jars in the build path, and pointing to the DLLs in the arguments to the VM.

I can see all the jars in my build path, and I have the following:

-Djava.library.path="${env_var:PATH};C:\Documents and Settings\justin\My Documents\processing-0135\processing-0135\libraries\opengl\library"

...in the VM arguments in the Run Dialogue. I've confirmed that is where the Open GL dlls are.

I've also tried placing that in the program arguments. And I've even dumped the DLLs directly into the JRE bin folder and confirmed that it was the correct JRE's folder.

The error I'm getting says:

java.lang.RuntimeException: You need to use "Import Library" to add processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL to your sketch.

I have that as an import String and Eclipse is not complaining about it. I've also tried it without that and almost every permutation of the following lines.

import processing.*;
import processing.core.PApplet;
import processing.core.PImage;
import processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL;

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Re: Processing w/ OpenGl + Eclipse (New)
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2008, 3:50pm

Try using "import processing.opengl.*", eclipse says it is not necessary, but it works for me ...

good luck
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2008, 3:46pm

Hi,

When using import processing.opengl.* ... where would you put the processing OpenGL folder in relation to the standard processing library?

Thank you!

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2008, 3:17am

I'm having a similar problem.  I haven't been able to figure out how to add an "external jar" to my existing project so that I can "import processing.opengl.*".  I was given opportunity to add core.jar when setting up the project, but have since run into the "you need to use import library to ..." problem.

I'm sure it is simple, but I am not seeing it.... Any ideas?

[ eclipse sdk 3.2.2, intel mac, tiger ]

-- mark
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2008, 10:03am

Right click on the project/folder in eclipse, select properties, then "Java Build Path", then "Libraries" and there's the "Add External JARs" option.
Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2008, 12:52am

also check this thread:

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=Integrate;action=display;num=1114400513;start=15

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1