We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Best approach to custom interfaces
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Best approach to custom interfaces (Read 460 times)
Best approach to custom interfaces
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:16am

I'm planning on building a multi-touch table interface this summer, which I want to create custom GUI interfaces for. The eventual goal is going to be music related, so synthesizers and sequencers are what I will focus on now. Thing is, I've been exploring what environment to do this in and I'm really not sure which option to go for.

So far I have looked Processing, VVVV, PureData and Reaktor for creating custom GUI environments that can be used for music applications, but I was hoping someone out there had worked with one of these (or something else) and created unique, non-standard GUI elements before. Seems like each of these environments have their possibilities, but it would take me a few months of practice and learning to get it working...obviously I only want to do that once, correctly.

(posted this in the general discussion forum, because this is not really processing related, I am trying to get information about whether processing is good to use here, or something else entirely)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1