We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › proMIDI won't register messages
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proMIDI won't register messages (Read 354 times)
proMIDI won't register messages
Apr 17th, 2008, 7:47pm

Hi,

I've seen similar problems on this board quite a bit but haven't seen any solutions that have worked for me. I got a midi controller to be used specifically with processing. It seems to be working fine — midi monitor is registering all the right events, and I can control synths with it. When I ask proMIDI to print the available inputs, it shows up, but it isn't triggering any events (note on, note off, control change).

I'm on a Macbook Pro, 10.4.11 with an Intel processor. I downloaded and installed the new proMidi, mmj and the Plumstone thing for Intel processors. I've played with turning on the IAC driver. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, and after 6 hours last night and giving myself the new day to think on it some, I'm very stuck.

The closest I got to success was by setting the controller to send sysex messages, routing the controller to a virtual output with midi patchbay, and then using that as my input in processing. I got a java error message about sysex, so at least it's hearing something, I think?

I'm not a huge java guy, and I know there are some strange issues with intel macs and midi that I only sort of understand the solutions for (mmj and plumstone). I would really love to get this thing running, as it's the only reason I bought the controller, and I was looking forward to mixing some video. I'm using processing version 0135 and the controller is a korg padKontrol.

Many thanks,
Daniel
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1