We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › sound from max, visuals from processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
sound from max, visuals from processing (Read 529 times)
sound from max, visuals from processing
Apr 7th, 2008, 6:08pm

Hello.

I posted this in 'music' but I think this fits integration more...my apologies

Here's what I want to do.
I have several sounds coming from max/msp and visuals from processing.
Those sounds' parameters are mapping to processing's parameters via OSC.
not the audio, but max data is only mapped.
I want to record both signals into quicktime file. I mean I want synced material after all.

I was thinking something like canopus advc 110(computer to computer way) which I'm not quite sure that I can record visuals and audio at the same time
from one computer to another computer digitally. Audio could be analog.
I have access to some macpro's

I did receive the audio from max using soundflower and minim library and have success on recording visuals using moviemaker(I guess moviemaker creates only video).
Is there anyway to record those audio+video integrated into .mov file?

Since I have a lot of mappings going on, I can't bounce the sounds from max/msp down to 2 track play within proseccing.

appreciate for any advice
thanks in advance
jin
Re: sound from max, visuals from processing
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2008, 6:13pm

My canopus ADVC has audio inputs so that would probably work.  Or use a DVD recorder- which you could then rip back to a file using free programs like VirtualDubMod.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1