We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › New camera library: kaleidoscope
Pages: 1 2 
New camera library: kaleidoscope (Read 4595 times)
Re: New camera library: kaleidoscope
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2008, 11:56pm

It seems that the latest releases of Processing ( 0154 to 1.0.1 are) buggy. I was naively testing on 0135.  

Can you check to see if the errors also occur with earlier releases such as 0135 or 148?  I now know it gives errors 154 to current, but I cant figure out why.

Also, are you using OPENGL on OSX? It seems to be unstable on the latest releases.
Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2008, 12:03am

thanks for the quick response - so good!

ok, so i was using 0154 on the first pass with your new build and just upgraded to 1.01...I'm on windows xp.

is it complicated to downgrade to an earlier release? I typically just copy the new processing files right over the old ones - what's the most appropraite way to be upgrading/downgrading?

thanks again
Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2008, 12:14am

You simply copy the Processing 0135 (or 0148) folder over to your computer, and make sure that you copy the libraries from your existing Processing library folder.

If you were using 0154, then you need to copy the folders from your sketch folder library folder into the library folder inside the directory you just copied to you computer.

ie copy the contents of sketch/libraries to Processing 0148/libraries

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2008, 12:59am

opening the file in 0135 I am getting these msgs

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: processing/opengl/PGraphicsOpenGL (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Reply #19 - Dec 1st, 2008, 1:29am

I dont know what to say, maybe try 0135 if you haven't already.
Reply #20 - Dec 1st, 2008, 1:36am

sorry as I stated that was 0135.

but it did work when i put aside opengl and used p3d instead. it works just fine now. if i wanted to change the camera's responses to only work when holding down ctrl or shift, how would I do this? I have some other mouse events which are being interfered with by kaleidoscope...
Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2008, 2:12am

Not at the moment.  Sorry.  I will try to revisit this over my winter break.
Pages: 1 2