We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › export multiple frames pdf error
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
export multiple frames pdf error (Read 315 times)
export multiple frames pdf error
Mar 31st, 2008, 1:54pm

I used the example in the pdf libraries to export multiple frames to a single pdf page, however the program crashes after a short period. I think this is because the pdf file gets to big, I get the following error:

"Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at com.lowagie.text.pdf.ByteBuffer.append_i(Unknown Source)"

Is there anyway to increase the pdf buffer, or any other way to do this?

Re: export multiple frames pdf error
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2008, 4:52pm

mmh found a dirty fix

"If you get a OutOfMemoryError while running your program, use the Preferences window to increase the amount of available memory. Check the box next to "Increase maximum available memory" and enter an amount."

This allows me to create larger pdf but also hogs up the system, am I doing something wrong with the exporting? I am generating alot of small elipses, like 500 a frame, is this a result of the pdf export or my code?

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1