We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Type PApplet not found error, please help
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Type PApplet not found error, please help (Read 3096 times)
Type PApplet not found error, please help
Mar 28th, 2008, 6:25am

New user, so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but recently (and as far as I can tell, for no reason) whenever I try to run a program in Processing, a compiling error comes up. This error says "Type 'PApplet' not found", and in the command line it states "Semantic Error: An array initializer cannot be used to initialize a variable of type "??"." Whether I try to run  a program I made previously that used to work, or a blank sketchbook, it doesn't matter. If anyone could help me with this, either posting a solution or why it would happen in the first place, I would be very thankful.
Re: Type PApplet not found error, please help
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2008, 2:37pm

that sounds like something messed up with your java installation (try uninstalling/reinstalling), or something strange in your CLASSPATH variable.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1