We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Re: a new site to help beginners
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Re: a new site to help beginners ? (Read 1244 times)
Re: a new site to help beginners ?
Mar 19th, 2008, 12:38am

you've checked out the "Learning"-section of this website, right? there's lots of stuff!
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2008, 6:55pm

mmm yes, I'm going to study processing a little more !
(I removed my precedent post !)
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2008, 2:59pm

Hello,

I cancelled my other post maybe a little too fast !

I thought about it over a little more :

is it so bad an idea to make a site together that one be able to post some code to have it sorted by chapters (like the chapters of Case & Fry' book for example) ?

Well, yes there is already lot of stuff in processing.org learning section but it can't cover all the fields AND it's always possible to improve in one direction or another.

Of course, it's possible to find processing codes using Google (for example) but one loose much time doing it an it isn't always efficient !

But, yes, processing forum users answer very fast to the questions regardless from a beginner or not so maybe it is not necessary... and the forum search function is very useful too ... much thanks to everybody  Smiley

I use Casey & Fry book and I found it very very good (for the beginner that I am) but it can't cover everything (of course) : I would like some more !!!
(Ip5, Minim, something on sprite - collision and so on-).

Well, I'd like to know what you think about it (if you have some time for this post).

Wink
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2008, 12:31am

I always found the Arduino Playground helpful- I wish that the processing site had something similar
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1