We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › JMyron, Processing 0135 Beta, Windows XP
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
JMyron, Processing 0135 Beta, Windows XP (Read 2238 times)
JMyron, Processing 0135 Beta, Windows XP
Mar 19th, 2008, 7:49am

Hi everyone, I need to use Jmyron for motion tracking and I
'm having a hell of a time trying to get it to run.  Everytime   I try to run one of the Jmyron examples I get the following error output:
//////////////
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\processing-0135\processing-0135\libraries\JMyron\library\JMyron.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JMyron.JMyron.<clinit>(JMyron.java:14)

///////////////

Now I know this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum with the recommendation to either move the libJMyron.jnilib file into the root directory of processing or replace it with one compiled for Intel based OSX macs (which can be found online) but I've tried all that (and I'm on a windows machine) and no deal.  Other threads in the forum which are older cryptically refer to this problem and its solving, but without any instructions on that.  So please, someone, have pitty on me and show me the error of my ways!!!

I've seen other threads that spoke of using Jmyron along with XP so I know it must be possible!
Re: JMyron, Processing 0135 Beta, Windows XP
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2008, 8:37pm

Hi! Great news, well it turns out that the dlls were the definitive problem.  Props to Robsteranium for helping me re-think the issue. I was convinced that since the java library errors were being thrown first the real issue was there.  Turns out, that yeah, JMyron needs the MS C libraries to function properly and some versions of Windows don't include them.

So, for anyone else out there having similar problems in Win Xp, make sure you have the following two files installed in your windows/system/ directory:
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

I copied mine over from an older (win 98!) computer on my network, but you can find these files online (just google).  I think the site dll-files.com is supposed to be trustworthy, but I trusted my own old system more.  You may have to make a leap of faith, but these files are definitley required!  Thanks to everyone on these forums!
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2008, 4:57pm

Thanks for posting that info here!
I came across this problem just now and it was quickly solved after finding this post.

Cheers!
Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2008, 4:41am

No problem, thats what these forums are all about, pass on the good vibes!

By the way, I'm currently exhibiting an installation that is based on Processing at Concordia University in Montreal so kudos to everyone who gave me some advice on how to get it up and running. I'll post the code sometime online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1