We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › URGENT HELP NEEDED with Java to Processing!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
URGENT HELP NEEDED with Java to Processing! (Read 505 times)
URGENT HELP NEEDED with Java to Processing!
Mar 17th, 2008, 3:25pm

Hi, I'm a new media student putting together my final year thesis and I'd need someone experience in translating java code for processing. I basically have all the code for my project but it needs to be re-organized and a couple bits and pieces need to be added in. Someone with the appropriate skill could easily do this within 3-5 hours. I would need it done asap and am willing to pay a fair amount. If you are interested, please email me at lacinti@hotmail.com. Thank you!
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED with Java to Processing!
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2008, 9:44am

What exactly do you mean by "translating java code for processing"?

How big is the project?

What's your deadline?

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED with Java to Processing!
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2008, 5:46pm

I have data coming in through Processing (terminal program unpacking radio data) and the Java code I have analyzes this data and depending on what decision it makes, different sounds are outputed through MaxMSP. I don't think my project is huge  but, I just haven't gotten Processing and Java to connect. I was trying to use a pipe to send the information to Java but couldn't get it to work in Processing. I would like to have all my code done by Sunday so I could do testing on Monday.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1