We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › OCD - Using External Camera Data
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OCD - Using External Camera Data (Read 695 times)
OCD - Using External Camera Data
Mar 14th, 2008, 5:13pm

I was wondering could point me in the right direction regarding using camera data from digikey voodoo (match moving software) with the Obsessive Camera Direction lib? So far I've been looking at the possibility of using COLLADA as an intermediary between one of Voodoo's export formats (3Ds, Lightwave, Maya, XSI) and processing...

I'm wondering if anyone else has used any sort of 3D motion tracking with processing before? and how they went about it?

==EDIT==
Also, if anyone could point me to a good 3rd party conversion program between one of the above formats and COLLADA, or some code to directly parse one of the proprietary formats I would be most grateful!
Re: OCD - Using External Camera Data
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2008, 5:56am

Between working and teaching, I'm working on a collada importer for processing. At the moment I've only got the first geometry with it's material supported. You can get the source code here.

http://www.polymonkey.com/blogger-polymonkey/

Camera and light support is next on the list of things to implement. If you send through some source data I can make sure the loader is compatible.

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2008, 5:30pm

Hey Matt,

Looks great, I'll try and get some data to you soon!

Steven.
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008, 1:51am

Hey, what stage is your importer at? Im desperate to start playing with OCD and some camera data so I can have the cam flying about nicely without having to literally code the flight path, I suppose its easier than I think but Im really tired right now so I began to search for this sort of tool instead Smiley Great work, keep it up!!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1