We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Talea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Talea (Read 670 times)
Talea
Mar 11th, 2008, 6:12pm

Hi,

I am developing a new software series,
here the first results ( stills and music)

http://www.abstract-codex.net/talea/index.html

This should be a long term project and it's the reason why I started to develop Tactu5 library Smiley
I hope to be able to make a video soon ( it is designed to be projected), if someone should be interested to try it at home please drop me a line.

Alessandro
Re: Talea
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2008, 9:04pm

Hi,

The idea and visuals look impressive. I'm very interested in this project, as I mainly work with processing for generative audio. I'd like to see more about the project, hopefully a video. Or if it is easy to set the system up I'd be interested to try it out myself. I personally use SuperCollider for audio but if it is easy to set things up with CSound, I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks
Re: Talea
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2008, 4:21pm

Hi

I am organizing myself to be able to make a video, hopefully I'll do next week.
For getting the application, please send me a mail.
I don't know very much about SuperCollider but I am sure you could trigger notes with P5.
I am using such technincs with Csound. Though in the beginnig it could be wired I like that language for the sound quality of its opcode,
I began to learn it in the mid 90s (when it was a de facto standard for computer music) so I feel realtive comfortable with it.
Now I am using a characteristic of the software that let you separate instruments programming ( the orchestra file) from events ( the score file), I just use Csound for defining instruments (synthesis, dsp and so on) and then coding with p5 the "composition logic".
What I am interested in it's let the software change and evolve that logic in real time.
Actually it's more an intention at the moment Smiley

Alessandro
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1