We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Colorlib (Read 977 times)
Colorlib
Mar 10th, 2008, 9:44pm

I've just released Colorlib. A library to get colors from Adobe Kuler. You can find it at http://www.pixelplayground.eu/colorlib/.
Re: Colorlib
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2008, 12:27am

Nice work, thanks for the library. Kuler is a massive help in creating colors. I can see this library getting a lot of use.

MattD
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2008, 5:40am

Hi,

I like this lib, I'm using it in my current project so I can continue to add new color palettes for a project after it's exported and online.

Problem is, it breaks as soon as it's exported!  Here's the error I get in the Java console:
Quote:
Exception in thread "Thread-129" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: processing/xml/XMLElement
at eu.pixelplayground.colorlib.PPCooler.makePalettes(PPCooler.java:115)
at shmupshot.setup(shmupshot.java:39)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDisplay(PApplet.java:1390)
at processing.core.PGraphics.requestDisplay(PGraphics.java:690)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1562)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried adding 'import processing.xml.*;' to my project, but it didn't help.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a workaround?
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2008, 8:03pm

Normally you shouldn't import the processing.xml library since it's compiled with the library. I've only tested the lib on Mac OSX 10.5 with processing 0135 for now so I don't know how it behaves on other systems.

I'm currently working with somebody to make a bigger and better version of the library. We plan on releasing it in the next few weeks.
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2008, 5:43am

Thanks for the reply.  This might just be some weirdness in my environment - it's now exporting to an application, but crashes at runtime in a browser with a null pointer exception.   (And I didn't really change a whole lot between now and then!) I'll poke around at it some more and if it turns out to be an actual problem in the library I'll see if I can send you a fix.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1