We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › code attribute that exceeds the code limit of 6...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
code attribute that exceeds the code limit of 6... (Read 372 times)
code attribute that exceeds the code limit of 6...
Mar 6th, 2008, 10:03am

Hi, newbie here (even if it's a long time I know perfectly how cool is Processing...).

I'm using Processing as a low-level drawing program.
I.e.: I'm generating automatically the code, and then render (long: >600k) pde files in Processing app.
Now, I'm receiving this:
/tmp/build16647.tmp/Temporary_4819_8263.java:1:294:13354:11: Semantic Error: Method "void setup();" in type "Temporary_4819_8263" produced a code attribute that exceeds the code limit of 65535 elements.

I guess it depends on some memory issues. But I don't know.

(I'm on Macosx 10.4)

Any idea?

Thanks!

Best
-a-
Re: code attribute that exceeds the code limit of
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2008, 10:06am

at a guess, i'd say your code is too big to compile and yes, you're running out of memory.

Why do you need so much code though?

What are you trying to do that requires so much, because there must be an easier way.
Re: code attribute that exceeds the code limit of
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2008, 10:24am

Thanks.

I'm trying to draw this (and things like this).

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/score.png

The screenshot is from the SwingOSC java server of SuperCollider.
In the Processing version some things are missing: I've not included
text and dotted lines (which are obtained by adding many ellipses).
Still  "grain clouds" scattered inside the rectangle seems to be too memory-sucker.

Best
-a-
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1