We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Stroke of box isn't right in PDF
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Stroke of box isn't right in PDF (Read 337 times)
Stroke of box isn't right in PDF
Feb 28th, 2008, 11:18pm

I draw some boxes in openGL. The camera is set at such an angle that you look onto one of the corners, so you see 3 sides, and should see 9 lines/borders. This is indeed shown that way within processing (width a stroke and fill).
But when I save it to a PDF using beginRaw, and open the file in illustrator, I see all the lines/borders. Also the one who should be invisible because they are behind the box.

Does anyone know what I can do about this?

edit: I just noticed I was uding P3D instead of openGL, but the problem stays the same; both with openGL and P3D.

edit2: Ok, so I found that lines are not really usable in 3D (which sounds logical since lines have no volume...) Too bad, because the lines look ok, there are just too many of them.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1