We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › My library doesn't appear in the import menu
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
My library doesn't appear in the import menu (Read 607 times)
My library doesn't appear in the import menu
Feb 28th, 2008, 6:58pm

Hello,

I've just finished a library and I put the theora.jar and theora.so in the subfolder library of my library, and it doesn't appear when I launch the IDE. I've made a export.txt file I placed in the library folder too.
#export.txt
applet=theora.jar
application.linux=theora.jar,theora.so

Error:
/tmp/build12032.tmp/Temporary_5627_5724.java:1:34:1:63: Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Jikes could not find package "be.poux.processing.theoravideo" in:

What can be the problem?

Do I need to manually add the classpath somewhere?
Sources:
http://poux.be/tmp/theoravideo.zip
Re: My library doesn't appear in the import menu
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2008, 7:04pm

The jar file needs to have the same name as the directory.
So you either need to call the directory theora, or the jar theoravideo.jar
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2008, 7:05pm

I tried adding the files to the menu but I don't know how to deal with native library path.

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no theora.so in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at be.poux.processing.theoravideo.ETheoraJavaBindings.<clinit>(ETheoraJavaBindings.
java:27)
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2008, 7:51pm

Ok I used System.loadLibrary() instead of System.load() which accepts absolute paths.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1