We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Buttons (Read 372 times)
Buttons
Feb 24th, 2008, 3:54pm

Hey,

is there any specific reason why processing has not Button function? For me its seems as elementar as Image/Font. Its basically for visualing objects, isnt it? So I wondered why I have to use librarys written by users?!
Nora
Re: Buttons
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2008, 1:29pm

I can't answer on behalf of the developer's team, but I don't think it is *so* elementar. Buttons (and other GUI objects as well) are made of graphical elements (shape, borders, etc), fonts (text displayed), and event-listening methods (is the mouse over it? has the user clicked the object?), etc.

Thus, there are many different ways to create a button, depending on the display and behavior you expect, whereas there's only one way to display an image or print text. So, instead of using a built-in core library which may not fit their needs, users have the choice between many external librairies, and may choose their favorite.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1