We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › JMyron | Processing 0090
Pages: 1 2 
JMyron | Processing 0090 (Read 3178 times)
JMyron | Processing 0090
Feb 23rd, 2008, 9:42pm

Hey all,

I'm trying to run a sketch that reacts depending on the amount of people in the frame. I found that you could use JMyron's findGlobs() function to do this. The only issue is the last working version of Processing it was tested in was Processing 0090. I'm running Processing 0135. The code from the sample libraries does not work. I get a weird Java message.

Code:

/*

a very simple example that draws the camera pixels
to the screen using the pixel[] array.

last tested to work in Processing 0090

JTNIMOY

*/

import JMyron.*;

JMyron m;//a camera object

void setup(){
size(320,240);
m = new JMyron();//make a new instance of the object
m.start(width,height);//start a capture at 320x240

m.findGlobs(0);//disable the intelligence to speed up frame rate
println("Myron " + m.version());
}

void draw(){
m.update();//update the camera view
int[] img = m.image(); //get the normal image of the camera

loadPixels();
for(int i=0;i<width*height;i++){ //loop through all the pixels
pixels[i] = img[i]; //draw each pixel to the screen
}
updatePixels();
}

void mousePressed(){
m.settings();//click the window to get the settings
}

public void stop(){
m.stop();//stop the object
super.stop();
}

//This JAVA error appears in the console below

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Processing 0135/libraries/JMyron/library/libJMyron.jnilib:

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1739)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)

at JMyron.JMyron.<clinit>(JMyron.java:14)

Does anyone know what's wrong?
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Processing 0090?

~TSG
Re: JMyron | Processing 0090
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2008, 9:47pm

Posted too soon *embarrassed face*
I found the correct library for Intel Mac's iSight.

Thanks for the constant support
~TSG
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2008, 5:03pm

I am really new to the world of processing (and programming).
How did you fix this problem, where did you find the correct library?
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2008, 8:02pm

found the solution as well...sorry to bother.
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2008, 4:19am

How did you fix this problem? I'm pretty sure I installed Jmyron as the instructions explained, but I'm getting the same error, in addition to an error in some examples where a MS system file msvcp71.dll is missing.  I'm not too worried about the later error, but the javascript error isn't something I'm familiar with so please share your solution.  Thanks!
Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2008, 7:20pm

AFAIK the above applies to OS X.

Regarding your errors, are you sure that the latter isn't causing the former?
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2008, 8:03pm

Thanks, yeah, after looking around, it seemed that these solutions seem to apply to OSX.  But my question still remains: just what does it take to get Jmyron going on the latest Processing release for windows??  I've seen lots of info on the net regarding installation, so I presume it is possible. I also just read that jmyron is actually c++ 'wrapped' in java.  Not really sure what that means but perhaps it does have something to do with the missing msvcp71.dll, which I think has something to do with C++ classes(?).  Hopefully if I can get that dll everything will work out.

If anyone out there does have a working version of Processing/Jmyron running on XP could you double check if you've also got msvcp71.dll installed in yours system folder? That'd be a great help to me in narrowing down this problem.  Thanks!
Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2008, 8:36pm

Hi! Great news, well it turns out that the dlls were the definitive problem.  Props to Robsteranium for helping me re-think the issue. I was convinced that since the java library errors were being thrown first the real issue was there.  Turns out, that yeah, JMyron needs the MS C libraries to function properly and some versions of Windows don't include them.

So, for anyone else out there having similar problems in Win Xp, make sure you have the following two files installed in your windows/system/ directory:
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

I copied mine over from an older (win 98!) computer on my network, but you can find these files online (just google).  I think the site dll-files.com is supposed to be trustworthy, but I trusted my own old system more.  You may have to make a leap of faith, but these files are definitley required!  Thanks to everyone on these forums!

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2008, 6:36pm

Thanks mate!(mr4fingers)
So if anyone is still getting alert messages: Don´t trust the installation guide, telling you to unpack the two extra dll´s (myron_ezcam.dll and DSVL.dll) in the system32 folder.
Just drop the two dlls into your system folder (like mr4fingers did with the  msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll )
Reply #9 - May 6th, 2008, 11:05pm

Maybe I didn't get it... But what is the solution to that problem for Mac OS? I work on 10.5.2 and spent hours today on that problem... Sad

----
Ok, forget about it. I found a solution.
The DLL I tried to use was the wrong one. I had to get one made for Intel-Macs...
Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2008, 3:35pm

I'm getting the same error:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Processing 0135/libraries/JMyron/library/libJMyron.jnilib:

How did you guys fix it ?

Thanks!
Reply #11 - Jul 4th, 2008, 4:03pm

Hey Andre, check out my post a few back up the thread.  You gotta get these DLL's if your on XP anyway.  If you're on Mac, I think the answer is in this thread or another as well.  The trick is that Jmyron requires the Microsoft C libraries.  But, even though I managed to get it to work, my project ultimatley didn't use JMyron, the motion tracking examples that came with Processing proved useful enough and fast.  Good luck though!
Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2008, 7:16pm

Thanks for the help.

I got it working by replacing the .jnilib file with the one I got from this link:

http://www.jibberia.com/projects/

It is the Intel Mac compiled version.

thanks again for the reply.
Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2008, 4:29pm

Its all good man.  If it weren't for these forums, my project would have been a shambles.
Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2008, 5:21pm

where can i get a copy of that Intel Mac compiled version?
Pages: 1 2