We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › SFTP Public Key Authentication
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SFTP Public Key Authentication (Read 798 times)
SFTP Public Key Authentication
Feb 13th, 2008, 6:14am

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to a server that requires public key authentication with the SFTP library.  Can I use this library and/or JSch to connect in Processing?
Thanks
Re: SFTP Public Key Authentication
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2008, 10:13am

Is it actually an SFTP server you're trying to connect to, or a different protocol? As far as I can tell the SFTP library will only talk to an SFTP server, not some other SSL/TLS secured protocol.
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2008, 12:20pm

Yes, I am using SFTP.   JSch supports RSA public key authorization, which is what I'm using.  I was wondering if Shiffman had implemented it in his library, or if someone knew of a quick add on to my code that would integrate RSA into his existing library in Processing without having to use JSch in eclipse.
Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2008, 3:00pm

Does the SFTP library not work?  I think it should?  If not, what error message do you get?
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2008, 3:17am

Specifically, it says that Auth fail.

JSch uses a call jSch.addIdentity( privateKey ) to user pulic key authorization, privateKey being the contents of a text file that stores your private key.  Doesn't your library load the JSch java as well, allowing me to just make JSch objects?
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2008, 6:30am

Aha, yes, I see.  Sorry, I didn't implement that functionality.  Would certainly be worth adding at some point, but for now, yes I would recommend using the JSch library directly (rather than my wrapper).  Or better yet you could just grab my source and pull it into your project directly and edit. . . Will put it on my list.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1