We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Ess and Sonia V2.9 on Mac OSX
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Ess and Sonia V2.9 on Mac OSX (Read 527 times)
Ess and Sonia V2.9 on Mac OSX
Feb 12th, 2008, 8:07am

This seems to be a unique problem because I haven't anyone else with this problem in the threads.  Basically when I use Sonia V2.9 or Ess they have to be the only library of their kind in the library folder in processing.  To elaborate I tried running a couple of example ESS codes when Sonia V2.9 was also in the library and no dice.  When I erased everything and reinstalled Processing 1.0 and then downloaded ESS and put it in the library folder, everything worked fine.  When I put Sonia in, Sonia codes wouldn't work.  Same is true if Sonia is installed first.  

I always get this message in the bottom error console:

/tmp/build6616.tmp/Temporary_144_596.java:58:3:58:5 Semantic error no field named "ESS" was found in Temporary_58:3:58:5

with different numbers of course for "temporary" and "Sonia" or "Minim" substituted for "ESS"

is this a temporary folder that processing is reading from or what?

if you have any clue what this error message means please enlighten me

A Million Thanks

-ak
Re: Ess and Sonia V2.9 on Mac OSX
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2008, 12:48pm

just checking:

inside processing's folder is a folder called "libraries"

inside that folder you put a folder called "Ess"

inside *that* folder is a folder called "Library"

and inside *that* folder is a file called Ess.jar

is that the way you are doing it? because it should be. the general form for installing libraries is

Processing > Libraries > MyLibraryName > Library > MyLibrary.jar

that way all the different libraries can coexist.

i have no problem with having all the various sound libraries at the same time.
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2008, 7:28pm

Yes, unfortunately, that's the same setup that I have, it seems like it's always one sound library or another though.  ???  thanks though

-ak
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2008, 10:19pm

Seems to be working just fine now after quitting processing and logging in it just magically works the way it's supposed to.  It is Mac OS Leopard and it isn't the first time it's pulled this stunt...

-ak
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1