We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › download without java for linux
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
download without java for linux (Read 888 times)
download without java for linux
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:17pm

like the subject,
why there isn't a dowload link without java also for linux?
Re: download without java for linux
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2008, 5:14pm

Hi!

In fact the version of Processing available for Linux is without Java. You must install Java yourself using the one available for your distribution or the one available at Sun's website.

Javier
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2008, 2:16pm

Quote:
Hi!

In fact the version of Processing available for Linux is without Java. You must install Java yourself using the one available for your distribution or the one available at Sun's website.

Javier

I'm not on the pc where i've installed it so i cannot "double check" my previous sentence,
but for sure the download for linux is 45 MB, the windows without java is around 18 MB !!!
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2008, 11:02pm

Cavva, you're right, and I was wrong.

I don't know how I checked it. Obviously wrongly. Anyway it should be a good idea to have a version without Java, as you said.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1