We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Streaming Image or Speech Recognition Systems
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Streaming Image or Speech Recognition Systems (Read 477 times)
Streaming Image or Speech Recognition Systems
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:08am

Hello,

I would like to begin some research\development on real-time image recognition or speech recognition from data streams (such as streaming video or YouTube videos)by packet analysis methods (maybe?)

Imagine a program that dtetects the spoken word "DOG" in streaming videos from say YouTube. The program would then log where the word was said in the data stream. I suppose changing the algorithms for image recognition would also be applicable. Has this been done before. Is it possible in Processing?

Is Processing the viz tool for this kind of job. I am not too familiar with the Visualization / computer vision tools out there
   but seeing the state-of the-art stuff come out of here makes me think Processing would be an awesome tool for this.
Re: Streaming Image or Speech Recognition Systems
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2008, 8:29pm

To anyone interested in this subject I think that OpenCV would help in this. (On Amazon I saw a book coming out on this )

On that note I remember seeing a few years ago either a post or in the exhibition section someone setting up a webcam to track moths or light things etc. Cant find it anymore....does anyone know at all what Im talking about? Thanks!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1