We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Exported sketch with osc support
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Exported sketch with osc support? (Read 495 times)
Exported sketch with osc support?
Feb 4th, 2008, 10:35am

Hello,

I'm running Processing on a hackintosh box(which is a standard pc running osx). Actually everything is running very fine on my system, I tested it a lot in many situations but I have this problem with processing: If I run a sketch from within processing, my screen goes dark and I have a kernel panic at random times. OSX forces me to restart my computer.

However if I export the sketch and run the .jar file or run the sketch from within a web browser I don't have any problems. Since this is a non-standard machine I'm not filling a bug report about this and I can work by exporting and running the sketches without problems.

Now to the problem: I want to use the oscP5 and p5_supercollider modules in a sketch to interface with Supercollider. The examples run very fine if I run the controlling sketch from within processing but as I said I have problems with this method and processing halts my system at random times. So I want to export and run the sketch without processing running, but this time sketches refuse to work.(nothing happens if I run the jar file, or a white box in a web browser)

This got me thinking: To use OSC, do I have to run the sketch from processing? If so, well that would be bad for me. Exported sketches using those libraries refuse to load, is there something I have to do to get them working(like copying the libraries to some spesific place etc.)?

Sorry if it is a fundamental question, a search did not help. I'm actually new at processing and I need your help on this. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Exported sketch with osc support?
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2008, 8:46am

Ah ok, I fixed it. I was forgetting to import oscp5 and netp5 libraries. They were working fine within processing as long as the supercollider library is imported but if I try to export an application, it does not tke care of the dependencies automatically I guess.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1