We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › Can't stay logged in to the Forum
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Can't stay logged in to the Forum (Read 838 times)
Can't stay logged in to the Forum
Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:06pm

When using my browser of choice, Safari, it ignores my request to "stay logged in" at the forum login screen. This doesn't happen with Firefox or Camino.

Anybody else got this problem?

Re: Can't stay logged in to the Forum
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008, 8:28pm

I have the same problem with Firefox. I have javascript enabled, and cookies allowed for processing.org, but still need to login every day.
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008, 9:25pm

Dang! Cookies, I tend to forget about those little buggers!

A quick check revealed, that Safari didn't have cookies in store for processing.org. The Accept Cookies-preference was set to "Only from sites you navigate to". So I set that to "Always", navigated to the forum and logged in.

What do you know, I now have three cookies, set to expire in 30 years Smiley

Maybe it's all about deleting and refetching the cookies. Don't forget to set back the cookie-preference afterwards!

Mmmmmh, cookies...
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2008, 10:55am

Oh, c'mon!

The cookies are gone again. So that obviously wasn't the solution. Anyone got an explanation for this?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1