We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Processing + java.net + wii
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing + java.net + wii (Read 425 times)
Processing + java.net + wii
Feb 1st, 2008, 3:33pm

Hello everyone.

I have done a sketch which does the following:

1) It connects to a server via socket and downloads data.
2) It takes the data and sends it to another server, which sends back to processing  "another output in OSC.
3) The osc data is taken back by processing and used for the elaboration I need to do.

Everything works fine until I activate another option in the same sketch: wii controller values read from a text file. (from JarwiinRemote). In this last case, I get "java.net.BindException: Address already in use". :/

If I turn off the data transfer explained above, the wii data catching works. If I turn off the wii values reading, the data catching works. The error appears only if I have both activated. This does not sound logical to me :/

Any clue?
Re: Processing + java.net + wii
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2008, 6:13pm

Sounds like a conflict with socket or port assignment.

You say you read from a file and use a socket for data transfer, so it doesn't sound logical, but have you tried changing the port or something similar?

I know this kind of error come when say, you try to use the same port for two different sockets. Have you tried reading from other text file and printing say the first 2 lines?

Can't think of anything else : /
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1