We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Libraries wont export
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Libraries wont export (Read 568 times)
Libraries wont export
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:52pm

Hi,
I recently coded some libraries - wrote 'package Generator;' at the top of the java files, put them in a jar in the right folders, etc...
I am pretty sure that I'm not doing anything wrong because I have written libraries before, and I have double checked everything.  Processing runs and loads the applet perfectly, but when I try to export as an applet or application, i get the following:
"Type Generator exists in the unnamed package, and cannot be imported.  Consider putting it into a named package."
What could be causing this? It's already in a damn package.
Cheers,
Crispin
Re: Libraries wont export
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2008, 8:41pm

b-b-bump -

No ideas? I need to roadtest this badboy.
Cheers,
Crispin
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2008, 9:16pm

It would be more helpful if you posted an example.

Have you tried writing a minimal library with no functionality.. and then simply forced it to work on a web applet?
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2008, 10:21pm

Hi,
Well, I've written libraries before and they always worked fine... I didn't want to posts hundreds of lines of code (I'm pretty sure that the codes fine anyway - it runs fine within processing).  I'll keep thinking -
Cheers,
Crispin
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1