We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OSC messages (Read 481 times)
OSC messages
Jan 29th, 2008, 1:10pm

I have userinterface in Processing and I would like to control sound in supercollider, osc is working fine... However, before I move on creating my own objects with control parameters I would like to be sure if I can send custom objects vis osc protocol, I know it sounds a bit odd, but last time I couldn't send boolean [] over ... so please somebody with experiences comment on this matter, best!
Re: OSC messages
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2008, 6:36am

i think there was an earlier post giving a solution for a workaround. adding a boolean[] is indeed not implemented, i guess i forgot. but you can add single boolean values to a message, so if you loop through your boolean array and add each item in the array to the message individually, you get the same effect as adding the array itself to the message.

regarding the objects, i am not sure what you mean by that. objects like your own e.g. processing objects/classes or the values of an object, or soemthing else
the following types are supported for osc as well as oscP5: int, float, string, boolean, character, byte, blob. any other kind of object is not supported but you may double check with the osc specifications. to send objects (serialized) you can use blobs (byte arrays) to do so. but you would need to stick the bytes back together in supercollider so that it becomes a supercollider readable object.
maybe this helps, kind of

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1