We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › interactive music applets
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
interactive music applets (Read 1784 times)
interactive music applets
Jan 27th, 2008, 3:18am

Hi,

I started working with Processing to prototype simple interactive music ideas. I just started last week-end, so be kind :-p.

You can find my first applets here:
www.nicolasfournel.com

Go to the "Other Software" page.

The first one "cloud music" let's you play guitar chords over a rhythm (be patient). You will always sound in tune.

The second one "The Egg Song" was just a little test.

In the third one "Flower Fanfare", each flower corresponds to an instrument, that you can activate or not. When a flower is playing, you can change the melody by cliking on its petals. This ones take a while to load because of the samples. I will convert them to mp3 soon.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Nico.
Re: interactive music applets
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2008, 5:58pm

hi nick,

i've interested in this kinds of application.

and also planning to sketch my idea with processing.

--

i've play with your 2 applets and fine audio aliasing effect.

im not sure if it's came from your audio engine or my machine.

(i use the new imac)

what's audio libraries u use or synthesis algorithm?
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2008, 8:04pm

No aliasing here. I tested on several machines but all were PCs. Maybe some Mac users can chime in. I'm not using a custom audio engine or anything, so it *should* work...
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2008, 8:49pm

Hi Nick, that's very interesting... though the music is not to my taste... anyway, I had a lot of fun playing with those y-scaled-guitar-chords Smiley

Which audio library are you using? How do you synchronize the audio samples with the video loops? Would you share your sources?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1