We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › After starting Processing screen goes black.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
After starting Processing screen goes black. (Read 1623 times)
After starting Processing screen goes black.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:15am

I downloaded the latest version of Processing w/Java (0135) for Windows XP and after I unzip the download and run Processing it asks me to verify the publisher, which it says is unknown. After I click run two times there is a slight pause and then my entire screen will go black. I have tried deleting the original file and downloading it again, to no avail. Also, I had an Adobe PDF open when I tried to load Processing and my cursor would change from the pointer to the hand icon when I moved it around the black screen. I could not control alt del or alt F4 out of the blackness. I'm currently enrolled in a course about Processing at my school, and my prof said the forums would be the best avenue to fix my problem. Thanks for the help.

I have a Dell Latitude D820 lap-top with XP SP2 and have never had any problems with it. My Java seems to be ok, although my next step to fixing this will be to see if I can update anything, maybe I need a new graphics card driver?
Re: After starting Processing screen goes black.
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2008, 2:56am

After updating my video card drivers, reinstalling java, and redownloading the older version, processing0134, I have fixed my own problem. Since I did all of those things before trying to load processing again I'm not sure which one works but hopefully this will help other people.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1