We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Home...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Home... (Read 756 times)
Home...
Jan 16th, 2008, 2:39pm

Hey all,

I posted a link to my site on the exhibition page a couple of days ago and was wondering anyone had any feedback- Does it work on non-Safari browsers? For some reason some Firefox users have been unable to display the page... is this because they need to install java?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to steam video from another location into a processing applet? I know streaming audio is possible with Ess but I don't want to integrate it unless I can have all the multimedia links work in the same manner.

Thank you, apologies for the shameless self-promotion, been meaning to get around to it for years Wink

Cheers,

Sam.

www.osamahsalem.co.uk
Re: Home...
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2008, 10:39pm

It works for me on OmniWeb (although there was an extra Java piece I had to approve), and the moving letters are pretty cute, but I don't know as I'd use it for a home page; it loads pretty slowly, and I'm not sure most people have the patience to wait around.
Re: Home...
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2008, 7:52pm

Yeah, I'm mainly been running it on a load of fairly new & shiny iMacs, which I think have given me a bit of a false sense of speed... how fast is your machine?

I'm not sure about using it for a homepage either - I suppose the question is; do people want info fast, or are they prepared to wait?

Cheers for the reply,

s.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1